Sonntag, 6. August 2017

Pride

It's that time of the year again: Pride 2017 - CSD in Hamburg. While this years motto "Come with us!" is pretty much not that innovative, it was actually one of my favourites I have ever been to. I'm not sure why though. Maybe because I was relaxed and went there without any expectation or preparation whatsoever. Maybe because I'm in a different place than the last years... I don't know.



Anyway I started the day with the parade, in the afternoon I actually took the train out of Hamburg to see my little halfbrothers first grade school enrollment, just to be back in the evening to go party at  Jungfernstieg with my partners in crime Marie and Nina. I didn't think I would have energy for such a long day but I'm very happy I did.















The parade was amazing and longer this year than the last years. We went a long the "Queer Refugees Support"-van for a while. I liked that because then it still had some kind demonstration character. That's a topic we talked about in the evening. Many outsite standing people think it's some kind of carneval with weird people that have nothing to do with them. That's very sad, because it's supposed to be a demonstraion. I guess it's hard to find the line between demo and still showing people that they have nothing to fear?








But there is still so much to do. When I saw all the signs that had a message, I thought just because we have marriage now for everyone doesn't mean the fight is over right?





Let's do more, let's stay focused on what is in important and what is still not right.

Cheers~

P.S. Pictures of the night we had.... thank you, girls!





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen